Monday, October 15, 2007

Skydiving

Well, we did it. We hopped in a plane, rode to 14,000 feet, then took the quick way down. I don't even know what to say about it. It was crazy, fun, and exhilarating, obviously, but not quite what I expected. It was funner, crazier, not as fun, quicker, and more uncomfortable, all at once. There was so much going on that I'm still trying to figure it out. Total sensory overload.

Anyways, I'm working on getting the video ready but in the meantime here are a few quick pics.

Our friends the Bodily's came down to go with us. Here's Jared, me, and some guy whose wife bought him a dive for his birthday learning how to do the arch. Though anyone well versed in Beavis and Butthead might see something else in this picture.

The Sidwell's came up from Vegas to watch. Nick here is slightly afraid of heights, but is going with us next time (probably in May), as is Jared's wife and maybe mine.


This was funny. Each time the instructor used me to help illustrate a maneuver Katie got very concerned and came to stop the bad man. Here's a quick video of one of those times. You can see her little head at the bottom of the frame.

It's good to know that if I ever get jumped my 15-month old daughter has my back.

I'll put more up later. In the meantime, you should look up skydiving places in your area. It's definitely worth $200, even if you have to sell plasma to do it.

2 comments:

Jen Jen said...

I totally plan on doing it...if i ever get done with school. :)

Beau Sorensen said...

I would love to go skydiving. Perhaps one day!