Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Gov'ment, take 2

Quick update on what is quickly becoming an epic battle for me-

I went in to pay my registration ticket yesterday (making sure it was before 4:00), and, you guessed it, I left not being able to get it taken care of. The reason?

"I'm sorry, this ticket isn't in our system yet. It usually takes about 10 days."

In all caps near the top of said ticket are the words: PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN 14 DAYS OF VIOLATION. So, if you take the 14 day limit you have to pay the ticket and subtract the 10 days it takes for the clerk at the police station to walk the half-block to the Justice Hall so it can be put into the system, you really only have a 4-day window to pay your fine. Right?

"Well, we actually give you 30 days from the time you get the ticket. So, umm, come back next week and it should be in the system."

Basically what she's saying is that the "14 DAYS TO MAKE PAYMENT" warning written on the ticket has no function whatsoever and only confuses people. Kind of like the majority of government agencies.

I'm going go get my Ron Paul bumper sticker right now.

No comments: