Monday, December 31, 2007

A new addition to the family...and Christmas too

I'm happy to announce we have a new addition to our family. A new pet? Nope. Far more useful. A new baby? Nope. Way more horsepower. Allow me to introduce...

The Black Hood.

We've wanted just an old, reliable, semi-beatup pickup truck for a while. One that could haul stuff around and serve as a second vehicle when the need arose (it's too cold to ride Pepe in the winter, thus the need has arose), and Black Hood was the answer. We got him from a gangster kid up in Layton who had had him for about a year but wanted a more intimidating car. Apparently Honda Civics provide the aspiring gangster with a degree of street cred the Ford Ranger just can't.

We currently call him The Black Hood, though I am looking for a different name, maybe one that doesn't sound like an unimaginative pro-wrestler from the 70's. I would love any suggestions you might have. I kind of like "The Flying Dutchman".

Oh yeah, and remind me someday to write a post on how funny it is for a kid from any Utah town to be a gangster. Except maybe for my homeboys in West Valley. And a couple places in Ogden. Word.

Anyways, Christmas was a lot of fun. We didn't take many pics, so here are the three I thought would be most interesting on a blog. Don't get your hopes up though.


Here are Grandma and Grandpa subjecting their dog to the barbaric and inhumane practice of dressing her up in a little doggy Santa suit. Notice Katie's apathy to the gruesome scene.

I should probably mention that I was the one who bought the little doggy Santa suit.


Here are Katie and I walking in a winter wonderland. She let us hike for about 5 minutes before whining so bad we had to go home.


A broader view of the aforementioned winter wonderland. I told you not to get your hopes up.

3 comments:

Beau Sorensen said...

Even though it's unimaginative, The Black Hood should stay The Black Hood. Perhaps you could move to The Black Pearl if pirates are your thing, but I quite like it as is.

Nick Sidwell said...

I as thinking something like Ninja Stripe or something catchy like Badger. If you went with Sorro's idea, I would recomend painting a skull and crossbones on the hood with some white spraypaint and a stencil... and flames on the side-every good Ford Ranger needs flames. Anyways, it looks like a good score in the Mickle Auto arena! Way 2 go!
-Nick (as if you didn't know)

Anonymous said...

What's up Dear, are you genuinely visiting this web site regularly, if so after that you will without doubt take nice know-how.

My blog mederma stretch mark therapy reviews