Saturday, December 22, 2007

Something I noticed today while ringing a bell in front of Wal-Mart for a half-hour...


Here it is: No one leaves Wal-Mart happy.


Serious. Not one person during the 30 minutes I stood at the entrance left with even a flicker of hope or merriment on their face.

A few people enter happy, but something in there must squash it out of them, for a morose expression rests upon the visage of all who depart. This expression ranges in intensity from a mild 'Whew, I'm glad that's over with,' to a more serious 'I need to get out of this place as soon as possible, where's my car?' all the way down to the chilling scowl of 'I hate you and everyone around me. But most of all I hate my own life, which has become as dismal and empty as the heartless corporation I've just supported.'

Just something I noticed.










4 comments:

MisterJ said...

I have often said that my own personal Hell would be eternity at the Orem Wal-Mart.

MisterJ said...

I have often said that my own personal Hell would be eternity at the Orem Wal-Mart.

MisterJ said...

I just thought I'd mention that twice.

Tiecen said...

I hate WalMart. They represent everything that is negative about capitalism and the commodification of human beings. I'm pretty sure they're the corporate representation of the Anti-Christ. Still, when it's 2am in Tucson, AZ and I realize I've travelled all that way and forgot to pack underwear, I too am forced to go to WalMart.