Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pop Culture Showdown Two Thousand Diggity-Seven

This is to announce that tonight I will be participating in Cheeth's Pop Culture Showdown Tow Thousand Diggity-Seven, where I will be going up against fellow Provo High alum and political pundit Sorro, whose boundless knowledge of 24 and reality tv minutia I do fear.

The winner of this showdown will then go on to get their butt handed to them in a paper bag in the title bout by some guy named Aaron.

I'm excited. I've always had an impressive though ultimately useless talent for retaining pop culture information (read: I can quote nearly every Homestar Runner cartoon verbatim, without ever having put forth a serious effort to do so), and it will be good to at last have a forum to test out this meaningless gift. Though if we stray too far into music or tv shows from either the 70's or today, I'm in trouble. If possible, I'd like the questions to gravitate mainly around U2, video games, college football, and perhaps Saved By The Bell.

If you want to join in, all you need is Google Talk (can download for free) and to request DerekWessman@gmail.com as a friend. The showdown begins tonight at 7:45 MST. The last one was pretty fun and a good time was had by all.

Wish me luck.

Edit: Oh yeah. And Derek, if you don't want your e-mail up here let me know and I'll take it down.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Folks, I screwed up and the showdown has been postponed. Stay tuned for details.