Friday, July 27, 2007

I wrote a book



So I'm a Harry Potter fan. I didn't read my first one until about 4 years ago, but once I did I was hooked. After the fifth book came out I decided to write my own just for fun because I didn't want to wait for the next one to come out. Needless to say, I had no idea what I was getting into.

Two and a half years and about 300 single-spaced Word pages later, I've finally finished. I've worked it out and discovered this is the rough equivalent of writing 32 consecutive senior-theses (really the only thing I can compare it to). I'm kind of proud of it, actually - it's the largest creative project I've ever undertaken. Here's a link if you want to see it:


Harry Potter and the Legacy of the Founders


I should warn you, I was new to writing at the time, so the first half of it is pretty poorly written. All in all, though, it's not half-bad.

And yes, I am fully aware this makes me a geek. I embrace the designation.

6 comments:

MisterJ said...

At least you finished your book! I have about 4 that I've only started and then abandoned.

Hey, I posted on my blog for you.

-Casey.

Derek said...

That's truly impressive. I feel like you have been leading a double life this whole time. What else don't we know about you?

Tiecen said...

I read th first few chapters and I liked it. Good job.

Anonymous said...

i really liked the story! you should do a sequel!

Josh said...

I too am a Harry Potter freak, although while I have not written a sequal to any of Rowling's books, I have read each of them many times over. In fact, one of my goals in life was inspired by her books, that being to write a series of my own. I have some ideas, but nothing that I am really sold on at this point. Any pointers?

Josh said...

Do you mind if I post the link to your book on my blog? I just started it, so far so good.