Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I'm in Portland

Yep, that's pretty much what I thought this place would look like.


Last night we flew into Portland. I'm excited to be here, I've always wanted to see the Pacific Northwest (Oregon or Washington) and this has been my first chance. I guess I came to Oregon once when I was a little kid, but that doesn't count because all I probably cared about was whether or not my dad was going to buy me candy. Anyways, we got here around 7:30 PM and it was too dark to see anything, but the air was cool and it smelled like camping.

I also have a brother that lives here, Adam. I called him up and he met us at a steakhouse downtown. We don't see each other or talk very often, so it was really good to see him. He moved up here with some friends just to get a change of scenery.

That was last night. Now it is morning and I'm getting my first look at Portland. I went jogging, here's some pics:


Cool houses. For some reason this place reminds me of "The Goonies"

While in Portland, participants of Regional Meetings will stay at the fabulous Windgate Inn. Amenities include a workout room, heated indoor pool, full breakfast bar, and B.O. free rooms and sheets.

That's pretty much the most ducks I've ever seen at one time.

No comments: