Friday, November 04, 2005

I'm in Denver




Apparently La Quinta has had a problem with eggs exploding in the microwave and decapitating hapless customers. "We're warning you, do NOT microwave the egg for more than 10 seconds! You wanna see what happened to the last guy?!"


It's Friday morning. Last day of Regional Meetings (for this week anyway). I'm excited to get back home. I've had loads of fun, but this trip reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day-- go to meeting, give little spill on Employee Management, get on a plane, check into a random hotel, go eat dinner around 9:00PM, watch an NBA game, call my wife, sleep, alarm goes off around 7:00 AM playing festive mexican music that somehow gets incorporated into my dreams, eat semi-good continental breakfast, then start the cycle all over again. Don't get me wrong--this trip has been loads of fun, but I wouldn't want to do this anymore than once every 4 months or so. Consequently, I can't wait to get back home.

Here's a couple quick pics of Denver. As you can see Denver is actually about 200 miles away, which is curious considering our hotel is next to the Denver Airport. As far as I can tell the airport is actually located in Wyoming.

See that distant, white dot? That's the start of Denver. You can't see it very well in this pic, but the entire city is behind it, and the Rocky Mountains are behind that. I was wrong about Wyoming, I think we're actually in Nebraska.

Me in front of the fabulous La Quinta Inn, Denver Airport. Oddly enough our Salt Lake hotel was a La Quinta, and my room is almost identical to the one I had there, which only adds to the eerie Groundhog Day feeling.


It's a pity we're not closer to the city, I'm a big fan of Denver. Went to a U2 concert here with some buddies back in aught-1, one of the best road trips I've ever been on. I also have another brother that lives here, Gid, but I don't think we'll have time to meet up.

That's all. Next update will be from good old Cedar City! Peace Out.

1 comment:

Beau Sorensen said...

Well, that last comment sucked. A splog about splogs. Hmm...sounds fishy to me. I've never been to Denver, but it sounds like a lovely place, even though you're in the airport (which, no joke, is bigger than countries like Andorra, Lichtenstein, and Russia). Let me know when you're in town or something. We need to get the gang back together