Monday, March 24, 2008

The Dentist


I just got back from the dentist's office for a checkup and my teeth and gums have that healthy, pulsating, fresh feeling. The inflammation tells you your teeth are clean!

I think it's good to go to the dentist every once in a while. It reminds you of how good life is when someone isn't jamming a steel hook into one of the most sensitive areas of your body.

And speaking of double-standards, I love the one most physicians and dentists pull on you: If you are more than 15 minutes late your appointment will be cancelled and you will be charged a $75 fee.

Yeah, how many times do you find yourself actually meeting with the doctor or dentist within the first 15 minutes after your arrival? Don't you hang out in the waiting room for at least 30, trying to convince yourself to be interested in that 3 year-old copy of Field & Stream or Better Homes and Gardens? At my last doctor's appointment I waited an hour and a half before seeing the all powerful Oz. Yet if I had shown up 15 minutes late, I'd have deserved punishment.

So how can they make it up to you? I know it's unreasonable to expect them to pay you $75, but maybe they could cancel the co-pay, or at least let you play around with that cool metal water and air gun they have.

That's all I'm asking.

3 comments:

Beau Sorensen said...

You're a closet anti-dentite, aren't you?

Sarah Sidwell said...

My dentist has always got me right in, however, I hear ya with the physician thing. I HATE waiting!! I have waited in the dr. office for 2 hours once. Ya, I'd like to be paid for the time I was wasting! -Sarah

themickel said...

I'm a RAAABID ANTI-DENTITE!