Monday, February 28, 2005

Book Review: Lemony Snicket


Amy and I saw Lemony Snicket at at the dollar theatre the other day. It was pretty good, so I thought I'd check out the book too. It's written for children and although I've heard really good things about it I thought is was rather dull. Knowing everything that happens because you've just seen the movie will do that to a book though. Same thing happened with Harry Potter.

I thought afterwards I'd read book 4, as I heard the movie encompasses books 1-3, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. The series has kind of a fun twist, in that none of the books are supposed to be happy. I'd recommend it to anyone who either 1) likes children's lit or 2) is an aspiring Goth.


Bonus: If anyone out there can tell me what the whole spyglass thing in the movie was about, I'd love to know.

No comments: