Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I miss John McCain

I try not to blog much about politics anymore since it's a sensitive issue and a sure fire way to tick people off, but I have to get this out.

Whatever happened to John McCain? Remember the guy who expressed outrage over the smear job the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth did on John Kerry? Remember the guy who cared more about getting positive legislation passed than petty partisan politics? The guy who had no problem doing what was right even if it meant rankling his fellow Repubs?

I miss that man. He probably would have made a good president.

2 comments:

MisterJ said...

I think that in order to get to the level of being a presidential candidate, a person must abandon everything about them that would have made them a good president.

Beau Sorensen said...

Certainly to get elected they have to abandon that. Whether they truly abandon it, or just pay lip service to abandoning it is the true test.