Thursday, May 01, 2008

Salt Lake Half-Marathon

I know, I don't blog much anymore. I'm doing some writing on the side again and I've noticed when I'm doing that I don't blog nearly as much.

Anyways, not a whole lot going on at the moment (at least nothing I can blog about). We're looking at selling our house, I've got about 15 different jobs to fill at work, the Jazz pulled a turd for the ages in game 5, and I'm so sick of hearing about the Democratic nomination I've momentarily banned the news media from my life. That's what's going on in my life.

How are you? Good? Good.


A couple weeks ago a buddy and I ran the Salt Lake Half-Marathon, which was actually a lot of fun despite a crippling case of morning diarrhea. I'll try to dig up a pic of that for you. In the meantime, here're some other pics.

I haven't been one for distance running and did it just to see what it'd be like and ended up liking it quite a bit. The race starts at Legacy Bridge up at the U, winds through Salt Lake nieghborhoods, then ends at Gateway.

If you look really close, right there at the back towards the middle, you will see a little dot next to another dot. That's me.

The guy who won it. That's not me, if you weren't sure.

Basically he ran 26 miles in the same amount of time it took me to run 13. I'm not upset though--his shoes are clearly better than mine.

A huge crowd gathered at Gateway for the finish.

Mom, Jim, me, crowd.


Me, the tot (we can't call Katie 'the baby' anymore, so now she's 'the tot'), and Bret. After the race we went and ate at Denny's. It was the best Moons Over My Hammy any human has ever consumed EVER.

2 comments:

MisterJ said...

I just want you to know that you're insane.

I've got a car. I'll meet you at the finish line.

Sarah Sidwell said...

Ditto to misterj!! If you need to hire people...do you have a job for me? :) -sarah