Thursday, May 29, 2008

Chuck Wagon and Stu Jackson

My favorite part of the quote to the right is the fact that Charles Barkley is criticizing fat people. Somehow he fails to see the irony in a 350-pound ex-athlete going off on "people who don't work out and can't stop eating". That's like Hillary Clinton criticizing someone for being a selfish, delusional prima donna. Ba-DOOM CHA!

(Sorry for offending any Hillary supporters out there. Though, of the four people who actually read my blog I can only see one person who may have been offended.)

And while we're on basketball - I must say I've had the rare sensation of actually being impressed with the NBA front office over the last two days. First they announce they will begin fining players for flopping next year (they'll make enough off of Manu Ginobli alone to finance the WNBA for another 4 years), then they come out today and actually admit that they blew the call at the end of the Lakers-Spurs game.

Wow. I'm speechless. It's as if David Stern and Stu Jackson sat down for a planning meeting a week ago and said, "You know, what if we did something that didn't alienate and disaffect our fans? I mean, I know our current strategy has been working well, but why not change things up a bit?"

If they keep this up, we may actually see the best 16 teams play in the playoffs someday. On second thought, nah.

2 comments:

Michael 聖 Brady said...

I'm not sure who the other three readers are, but I'm not offended one bit by your Hillary derision. In fact, I applaud it *politely applauds*.

In other news, look here.

PS: I love you.

Jamie said...

I don't know if I am included as one of the 4, but I am a staunch Blog O' Mickel supporter. I check out the blogging world about twice a month and I am not satisfied until I read my satire of sports/politics/and every day HR conundrum. I find it informative, yet hilarious and one of the more enjoyable parts of the web. Also, the Charles/Hillary comment was thoroughly enjoyed.