Friday, February 08, 2008

This Week's Theme Appears to be "Sick"

So after taking a week to get over whatever funky virus me and the fam (and apparently half of Utah) had last week, I got food poisoning yesterday.

Which was great. While the virus did well in the areas of fever, burning throat, and abject physical exhaustion, I found it somewhat lacking in vomiting, cold sweat, and sleepless nights. So it was good the food poisoning came up and allowed me to experience the entire spectrum of physical misery. Now if only I can give birth sometime soon...

Anyways, in going along with the theme of this week I've decided to make a quick list of things I am sick of. Feel free to make your own list. In fact, since I've been "tagged" twice in the last week to do blog surveys, I'm tagging you, Sidwell and Tights, to fill out your own sick list*.


  • Hearing about New York and/or Boston sports teams. No more. The rest of the country doesn't want to hear about the Yankees, Red Sox, Giants, Pats, Celts, or Knicks. Please stop. In fact, after my favorite teams (Cubs, Jazz, Saints), my rooting will automatically go to any team NOT from one of these two cities, even if it means rooting for the Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals. Yuck....
  • The 2008 presidential elections. I actually followed this pretty closely right up till Super Tuesday. While it's great that the Repubs have a candidate, the thought of watching Hill and Bill pull their crap on Obama for another 6 months seriously makes me nauseous.
  • Credit card offers.
  • The writer's strike.
  • The news media spending 2 years severely overcovering a presidential election and the banal minutia of American life while a genocide goes mostly unmentioned. At least we know Britney Spears is crazy though...
  • Being sick.
  • Getting more responses from executive recruiters than actual applicants everytime I post a job on CareerBuilder.
  • U2 not having their new album out yet. Though, considering what happened with Pop, please take as long as you need.
  • Un-ripe bananas. Seriously, banana, why can't you be ripe? It's the least you can do.
  • Being so delirious from sickness that I use my blog to express anger at a fruit.

*If you break this chain, not only will your true love NOT kiss you in the next week, you will also be barfed on.

No comments: