Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm back in the game, baby!



All right, so after nearly 4 weeks of straight sickness, I think I'm finally over it.

Being sick sucks. It wasn't always this way. When you're younger being sick meant you got to stay home and watch movies. It was like a holiday, only better since everyone else was in class while you were home eating soup and playing Mario Kart. I practically prayed for some sort of ailment to hit me while in elementary school.

Now being sick means lying in bed feeling miserable and not being able to sleep. Mario Kart has been replaced by vapid games of Star Wars: Republican Commander that bring no joy and the soup tastes like ashes in my mouth. Even throwing up doesn't seem to have the same glistening sheen of novelty it did in my youth, though it does leave a glistening sheen on the bathroom floor. Then I come back to a week's worth of e-mail and voice mails, as well as a deep, nagging feeling that I have been cheated in some way.

Oh how I yearn for the sick experience of yesteryear!

Anyways, I'm back now and grateful just to be able to walk and move. And blog. Hopefully there will be more blogging. I really should get back to erasing e-mails though.

Toodles.

p.s.- yes, that is an actual picture of Becks throwing a quilt.

p.p.s.- don't ever type "vomit" into Google's image search unless you are really, really ready to see some gross stuff. Gross and funny.

1 comment:

Beau Sorensen said...

Also, don't type in Tubgirl...that changes your life in a very deep and profound way. Good to see you back!