Friday, August 29, 2008

I was wrong

I was wrong. Apparently John McCain has chosen Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his Veep, not me. Oh well.
And can I just say good for him? Because basing your entire campaign strategy on convincing people your opponent isn't experienced enough, then turning around and picking someone with even LESS experience as your number 2 takes a lot of cajones. Especially when you are closer to death than any other presidential contender in the last 100 years. Hats off to you Johnny Mac.

From what I've read about Palin I like her: She's the mother of 5, played high school basketball, isn't afraid to stand up to the oil industry (even though her husband is in it), looks kind of like Daphne from Frasier, and as a schoolgirl regularly woke up at 3:00 AM to hunt moose with her father. This is outstanding.

So even though it's an obvious gimmick choice from a desperate McCain (Hey, look! We're not all old white men either! We have women and minorities too! Vote Republican!), I like it. I don't think it will work, but I like it. If for nothing more than the moose hunting thing.

2 comments:

Tiecen said...

She does look like Daphne! How funny.

How's your wife doing with the whole prego thing?

Kate said...

Yours is the most entertaining blog I have ever read.
Tell Amy I said hi. Congrats on #2! Do you know if it is a boy or girl?