Sunday, September 04, 2005

I'm officially an old man.

Remember being a kid and hearing your parents and grandparents say, "When I was your age, gasoline only cost 25 cents a gallon!" and you realized that, perhaps 50 or 60 years in the future, you would be saying the same thing to a similarly ignorant and uninterested kid?
Well, that moment has come about 30 years early for me. The other day Amy and I were driving home from work when we passed a gas station posting $2.99 per gallon and I said, "Man, when I was in high school gas was only $1.10!"
I then realized that by saying this I had unwittingly come one step closer to becoming an elderly man (at least in mind-set), as I already think teenagers today dress stupid, have despicable music, and are much more superficial and directionless than I was as at their age. All I need now is to hike up my trousers and get an indescribable urge to move to St. George...


1 comment:

Nick Sidwell said...

how did you get a full body shot of your self? That takes skills! You're the coolest of all time!