Friday, August 03, 2007

Cubs win! Cubs win!

Terrific news, everyone. The Cubs are currently in first place in the NL Central. I have to celebrate this while I can, because it probably won't last for long. In fact, this post could very well become obsolete by the end of the day.




While we're talking Cubs, here's a nice wallpaper I found on the Bartman incident. If you're not sure what the Bartman incident is, google "Steve Bartman" or "Bartman Ball". Wikipedia probably has something too.

And of course, what Cubs blogpost would be complete without a link to one of Will Ferrell's Harry Caray clips: Space: the Infinite Frontier. MisterJ also does an excellent Harry Caray impression.

Best line: "It's a simple question, doctor. Would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?"

5 comments:

MisterJ said...

Mother Theresa died; that wasn't good...unless you hate Mother Theresa. I, myself, not a fan. Don't ask why. We're like oil and water, we just don't mix.

MisterJ said...

Do you think Mr. Maenner has a blog?

Tiecen said...

Heck I would. I'd have seconds. Wash it down with a frosty Budweiser.

You know I love the Braves but I've rooted for the cubs a little too ever since my sister married an avid Chicago man. But last night I found myself pulling for the Mets. I really wanted to see Tom Glavine (my favorite player ever!! Former Braves pitcher from their glory days.) pitch his 300th winning game. Sorry, the Cubbies stood in the way of fate and an old man's dreams.

Jen Jen said...

Went to a Cubs gave a few weeks ago while I was living in Chicago. I am also a Braves fan but the Cubs definitely won a little place in my heart that day.

themickel said...

How is it that both you and Tie and Braves fans? Was this a childhood agreement or something?