Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Best Thing that has Happened to me Today


So I'm doing my usual morning trudge through the day's resumes, eyes glazing over as I scan line after line of info like "Office Development Manager - Responsible for management of 15 person title insurance office" or, "Wal-Mart Associate - Oversaw stocking and distribution of diversity of breads" when, from out of nowhere, the following gem bursts forth causing me to rotflmao:

Experience:
2003-2007 _Oscar Mayer - Public Relations_

  • Promote Oscar Mayer as goodwill ambassador throughout country in Wienermobile


That's right, this person spent the last 4 years promoting Oscar Mayer throughout the country as a goodwill ambassador in the Wienermobile.

Now, that's funny on a number of levels. First, the fact that Oscar Mayer actually pays people to drive around in a car shaped like a giant hot dog and speak to the public. Second, their attempt to dignify the practice by calling the people in those giant hot dogs "Goodwill Ambassadors", and third, the fact that this guy has successfully incorporated the word "Wienermobile" in a professional resume.

I love it.

And yes, this is the type of thing that qualifies as interesting at my job. So that gives you some idea of what my days are like.

1 comment:

Beau Sorensen said...

You hired him straightway, right?