Monday, May 18, 2009

It's not just me...

A couple days ago astronauts attempted a dangerous, high-risk spacewalk in an attempt to repair the Hubble Telescope. Unfortunately they were delayed more than two hours and had to cancel some other maintenance because they couldn't get a one-inch bolt loose.

Here's the full story: http://cbs5.com/national/nasa.atlantis.hubble.2.1011612.html.

This story makes me happy, almost giddy even.

It's good to hear elite professionals with the backing of the brightest minds in our country have the same problem working on their space shuttle that I do when I change the oil or replace the serpentine belt on my Corolla.

I hope the astronaut also skinned his knuckles on the engine casing, swore, then accidentally kicked over the oil pan spilling dirty oil throughout the far reaches of space.

1 comment:

Sarah Sidwell said...

That makes me feel gitty too. Not because I have had to do many things in the car, or handiwork, but I have spent hours on similar things that should be easy. Love that you are blogging again! -sarah