Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Baby Reloaded

Baby number 2 is here. Don't have much time so I'll do the update in bullet-point form:
  • We checked in the hospital around 10:06. The baby was out at 10:34.
  • It happened so fast there was no time for an epidural. Consequently, I now know that my wife is at least 10 times tougher than I am.
  • 6 pounds, 12 ounces. I've always thought it strange that the first info people seek upon hearing you've had a baby is the same info you seek when someone catches a Rainbow Trout, but there you go.
  • It's a girl. We named her Lily Kristen Marie Mickel.
  • That's right, two middle names for a girl.
  • Kristen Marie was the name of a family ancestor who apparently left her dead-beat husband and moved the entire family from Denmark to the U.S.A. That qualifies you for a middle name in my book.
  • Real hospitals aren't nearly as entertaining as they are on Scrubs.
  • Mom did great. Her and the baby are both healthy and fine.
  • In fact, I appear to be more tired and befuddled than either of them.
  • It's still amazing to me that what we experienced last night is just another day at the office for some people.

That's it for now. I'll get more up soon.

3 comments:

Sarah Sidwell said...

CONGRATS!! Amy is a tough girl! Why did you wait so long to go in? Just wondering. We will call in a few days after you are home and settled. We are so happy for you.

Michael 聖 Brady said...

baby dude girl baby. baby.

Amy and Richard said...

Wow! Yeah, I'd like some details about the pre-hospital-admittance haps. I'm due the same time as you, Sarah- (Dec. 19.) I'm dialated to a 3 and I guess he could come any minute... but I try to not think about it!

We're so happy for you, Logan and Amy! We love you guys.

(And PS, we really dig your blog.)