Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm Back

Sorry about the delay there. I realize it's been over a month since my last post. You may think I'm lazy or a procrastinator. And you'd be right. Anyways, here are the pics of Katie Hart Mickel, as promised.



Here's me in mid someone's-taking-a-picture-of-me-so-I-should-look-up movement while baby looks on.

The ride home from the hospital. For some reason we were really worried about putting the baby in the car seat, as though its hard plastic construction and cruel harness might hurt her.

Here is the card detailing the weight and length of the baby after she was born. I find it interesting that we classify our newborn offspring the same way would a newly caught fish: "Yeah, she's 6 pounds 15 ounces, 19 inches long. Beautiful coloring."

What are we describing here, a human being or a rainbow trout?


Mom and baby.

Katie is awesome. Apparently she's pretty mellow and good-tempered. That's what others tell us anyway. We wouldn't know, she's the first baby we've had so we don't have anything to compare her against.

She has a full head of dark, brown hair and olive colored skin, which is interesting since Amy and I are both pasty white and blonde. Although Amy's mom is that way, as is one of my brothers, so I suppose the genes are in us. We were both surprised when she came out, I guess we expected a blonde, freckled little kid with pig-tails.

So far we don't think she really looks like either of us, though she does resemble a tiny, wrinkled, grumpy old man with a receding hairline. Or a little Buddha, which, come to think of it, may be a great nickname.

3 comments:

Beau Sorensen said...

She's adorable! Congrats again!

Derek said...

So you get the dark haired olive skin baby and I get the two blonde light skinned ones? Weird and funny. I hope she's sleeping better now. We still have some rough nights with Katherine. Sorry about my last comment. Sometimes I forget that anybody can it, so now I feel like a big idiot.

Tiecen said...

Finally!! What a cutie! I can't wait to meet her.