Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What's going on

I'm going to forego the usual "Sorry I haven't posted for so long" e-mail and just tell you what's going on in my life.

We are now 32 weeks pregnant. That means the baby is coming, and it's coming soon. If we were to compare pregnancy to a semester in college, right now would be the part where you suddenly realize that all the projects you've had all year to work on really are going to be due, so you better get started. Right after this game of Mario Kart.

The St. George triathlon is this week. Remember a post from back in November when I said I was planning to train for a triathlon? That's right. I've been doing it. It's this weekend.

I wish I could say my training has been like in Rocky IV where Rocky runs up mountains, grows a beard, and bench presses logs to get ready for the Drago fight, but it's been more of a James Braddock getting ready to fight Max Baer in Cinderella Man: a couple of quick workout montages interrupted by clips of him in his family life. Needless to say, my goal is just to finish the thing.

It's been fun though, after work today a buddy and I are going to the triathlon site to get a practice run in. I also want to try out my new wetsuit that I laid down 100 bones for. Here's a pic:

(No pic at this time)

The first time I used the wetsuit I almost passed out. Not a good sign.

In other news, the NBA playoffs are in full swing and I'm loving it. I'm going for Dallas and the Heat this year. Anything but another Detroit-San Antonio final. I don't think the country could take another one of those...

That's about it. Needless to say I do not deserve the Blogger Stallion award. That goes to Sorro. Sorro, this is for you:

(OK, sorry, it's not for you. The blogger isn't letting me do pics right now. Jerk.)

5 comments:

Derek said...

Thanks for foregoing the "haven't posted in awhile" post. It's totally 2004. Good luck with your triathlon. Hopefully it goes better than Gregory's fitness test.

Tiecen said...

Good luck on Triathalon and Baby! Send me your address so I can send you a gift.

Beau Sorensen said...

Oh Mandyingals646... you always have some clever remark! What's this about TAG's fitness test that the Cheeth is talking about?

Derek said...

HAHA, TAG. I forgot about that awesome acronym. He had a fitness test one time, because he was in our nation's Air Force.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»