Sunday, September 11, 2005

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

So I read this back in July but am just getting to post it now. It still hurts...

It is with a heavy heart that I write this review. What went wrong? Why this feeling of emptiness, disappointment, malcontent? Perhaps nothing could live up to the expectations I had for this book, an expectation caused by two years of eager anticipation. Reading it was like seeing the Cubs disintegrate after the Bartman debacle all over again.

I should make it known that I'm a huge Harry Potter fan (despite the constant urges it gives me to practice witchcraft and sorcery), I even wrote my own book 6 because I couldn't stand waiting for the real one. You can see it here if you want. I think that's the problem--I had thought about it so much that I had enormous expectations and was dissapointed when I saw how it turned out. I have more specific gripes about it, but I don't have the heart to go over them. They are here if you care to read them, post #44.

Anyways, HBP is a good book but it didn't do it for me. By all means check it out. Don't NOT read it because of my review. Me? I'm going to go get a new hobby.

I give it a 7/10.

1 comment:

Beau Sorensen said...

Hey Mickel,
I like your blog! Come and check out my random site that has absolutely nothing to do with anything you've ever posted about at Enzyte.com.